Year 2 Home Learning - Week 10 (15th - 19th June 2020)
Here are a list of suggested activities to get you started in your home learning this week.
Our theme of the week: UNDER THE SEA!
- Research a type of sea creature and make a fact file.
- Imagine you are a fish like Nemo, and you got lost. Write a story about your adventure. What happened? Who did you meet?
- Can you write a message in a bottle?
- Make an underwater quiz for your family.
- Design and make an aquarium out of a shoe box.
- Draw a sea creature and then paint or colour using pencils, crayons or felt tip pens.
- Learn about Christopher Columbus. Why is he important? What did he do?
- Use an Atlas to locate the five oceans of the world.
- Find out some facts about the ocean. Where is the deepest part of the ocean? How deep is it?
- Research the food chain of a sea creature of your choice.
- Practice finding half, quarter and a third of different amounts (use objects such as buttons or pasta to help you).
- Design a pirate treasure map. Remember to use a key in your map. Give directions to find the treasure including forward, backwards, left, right, half and quarter turns.
- Draw fish of different lengths and seaweed of different heights. Cut them out and put in order of height and length. Can you measure your pictures with a ruler in cm?
- Find out the names of different sea creatures in Spanish.
Computing home learning:
Hi Year 2!
This week I have made a poster using Microsoft word. It tells you some of the things I like. I would like you to have a go at creating your own. You can use Microsoft word, if you have access to it, or use a poster creating app. If you are able to print, then I would love to see what you have made when we are back in school. If not, see if you can show someone at home some of the skills you have learnt.
From Mrs Fraser
Religious Education (R.E.) home learning:
Hello Year 2!
This week in RE we are thinking about Christian celebrations. Can you think of any? One of the most important celebrations for Christians is Easter. Follow the BBC link and watch the video and have a go at the activities.
Challenge: Can you find out how Easter is celebrated in different countries. Use this link to help you:
From Mrs Westall
Music home learning:
Have a go at playing this tune (attached file) on the virtual piano!
The notes on the piano are labelled so follow the words on the sheet and play the note shown above the words. If you're finding it tricky, try singing along to help you remember the rhythm of the melody! If you have a real piano/keyboard/glockenspiel at home, try to use that as well.