Year 2 Home Learning - Week 1 (23rd March 2020)
Whilst you are at home, why don’t you try some of these fantastic activities focusing on our learning question ‘Can the enormous crocodile live in Ruislip Woods’?
- Writing a non-fiction informative page/book about your favourite woodland animal
- Writing a poem (e.g. shape, acrostic, rhyming) about a woodland animal or about Spring
- Count the birds and wildlife which visit your garden and record your findings in a tally chart, bar chart or pictogram
- Research Ruislip Woods and write/draw your prediction of the animals which live there and explain why you think this is
- Research an animal habitat or try making a one (e.g. a bug hotel) for your garden
- Design and make your own fantasy creature out of playdough or recycled materials
- Research animals and their diet and write a recipe for your own fantasy creature
- Write a story in the style of Roald Dahl
- Measure, compare and order the length and/or height of your own toy animals
- Can you sketch and name the trees you can see from your window?
- Create a piece of art inspired by Spring flowers- can you use shade and tone?
- Go on a plant hunt around your house and garden and record your findings.