Year 2 Home Learning - Week 9 (8th - 12th June 2020)
Here are a list of suggested activities to get you started in your home learning this week.
Our theme of the week: SPACE!
- Write a fact file on the International Space Station.
- Who is your favourite astronaut and why? What do you have to do to become an astronaut?
- Research how do astronauts eat in space? What would you take to space?
- Look at the rockets NASA make to send astronauts to space. Design your own rocket.
- Phases of the moon activity – try to look at the moon every night and draw the shape of the moon. Does the different shapes of the moon have names?
- Research: how did the moon get its craters?
- Sun painting – create your own painting of the sun using resources around your home.
- Stand in the same space outside at different times of the day and look at your shadow. What has happened? How has your shadow changed?
- How do planets orbit the sun?
- Build a model solar system. Make sure to include all the planets and as a challenge add the sun and any moons.
- Look at the different constellations. What are their names? What is the meaning behind the constellations? Draw your own constellation.
- Astronaut glove box: is a special box astronauts and scientists use to study objects that may be damaged if touched directly by human hands or that may pose a health hazard to the astronauts if handled directly. Can you create your own astronaut glove box?
Computing home learning:
Hi Year 2!
This week I'd like you to create a jungle scene using the jungle background on jit5. Click on the link https://www.j2e.com/jit5 and select "Paint" (the blue icon). Choose the jungle background. You can choose a selection of animals to add to your picture to make it look interesting.
From Mrs Fraser
Religious Education (R.E.) home learning:
Hello Year 2!
This week in RE we are thinking about the Jewish celebration of Passover or Pesach. Find out more by watching the video.
This year every religion is having to celebrate in different ways because of the coronavirus. Follow the link to see what’s different
Think: Have you had to celebrate in different ways over the last few weeks?
From Mrs Westall
Music home learning:
Have a go at playing this tune (attached file) on the virtual piano!
The notes on the piano are labelled so follow the words on the sheet and play the note shown above the words. If you're finding it tricky, try singing along to help you remember the rhythm of the melody! If you have a real piano/keyboard/glockenspiel at home, try to use that as well.