A school first opened on our site on the 5th January 1944 and was called Victoria Park Junior Mixed and Infant School as it was intended for the children of the Victoria Park estate - Jubilee Drive, Diamond Road, Royal Crescent, Palace Way and Queen's Walk - which lay off Victoria Road, with all its streets associated with the old Queen.
The name was changed to Deanesfield on 16th March 1945, to remind pupils of the Deane family (descendants of the Hawtreys) of Eastcote House, whose large landholdings included Bourne Farm, on part of which the school was built.
There were 216 children on roll in 1944, but the numbers soon increased and temporary huts (latterly to become the Deanesfield Teachers' Centre) were erected in 1949 and a separate, permanent, infants' school was opened in 1951. This building now houses our nursery, reception, Year 2 classes and the music room, food technology room, staff room, main offices, our newly created Welcome Lounge and the Assembly Hall. The junior school expanded into the huts when the infant school was opened.
The permanent junior school building (currently housing part of Year 3, Year 5, all of Year 6 and the junior library and sports hall) was built in 1978.
Owing to falling numbers, the infant and junior schools re-amalgamated in 1980 and there were 250 pupils on roll in 1991. Since that time, building has never really stopped with extensions to join the two permanent buildings built in 1997 (now housing part of Year 3 all of Year 4, the dining room, training room and the ICT suite), an extension to the infant building (now housing Year 1), the current Breakfast and After School Care Club building was originally built in 2002 as a Specialist Resource Provision for children from the north of Hillingdon with profound speech and communication disorders (this facility is now located in the centre of the main school) and, bringing us right up to date, the construction of two 'mobile' classrooms (currently housing two Year 5 classes) was completed in August 2015.
There are currently over 650 pupils on roll and almost 100 staff.