A Day in Nursery
We offer morning, afternoon and up to 30 hour sessions.
- The nursery day (a three hour session) typically consists of:
- A warm welcome (8.45-9am or 12.30-12.45pm) where children are greeted by their key worker for the start of the session. During this time, children develop their independent skills to self-register, explore the environment and spend quality time with their key worker.
- We then sing a welcome song to start the session that focuses on an aspect of learning. During this time children build on their listening and attention skills, awareness of a listener and have opportunities to share their ideas and opinions.
- Children spend most of the session free flowing inside and outside the nursery environment. Children access our outdoor provision all year round. Activities are set up that are exciting and based on children’s interest promoting all areas of the EYFS Curriculum. All staff engage and interact with the children at their self-chosen activities, to provide new opportunities to learning.
- Children are encouraged to look after their toys and our environment. They help tidy up prior to the end of the session.
- Children gather together, in their key groups, to explore the learning they did, have a story and say their goodbyes.
Children accessing up to 30 hours will have a similar day in the nursery but will stay for lunch in our environment. This is supported by familiar adults known to them. During this time children build on their speaking and listening skills. After lunch, children have the opportunity to have some quiet time in our quiet room; this may include a nap should they wish.